Salary: up to $110,000 Commensurate with Experience (Annual)
The Mayor’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer exists to ensure that technology is inclusive, accessible, and delivers opportunity for all New Yorkers. We work to achieve universal broadband, improve the City’s digital services, continue to grow the City’s innovation ecosystem, foster well-informed regulation and policy-making around emerging technologies, solve problems faster and better, and plan ahead to ensure that New York City is future-ready.
The New York City Digital Service uses human-centric approaches to design, develop, and deliver best-in-class digital products that are user-friendly, inclusive, and accessible. We strive to improve and increase public access to City services, enhance trust and engagement with City Government, and to build digital tools and products with and for New Yorkers.
We are looking for a delivery-focused Web Developer to help us achieve our mission to make New York City the fairest big city in America.
- Write code that is well documented, test-driven, and open-source where possible;
- Learn new languages and frameworks as required by the product or agency partners;
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally with teammates (including the Product Manager, Lead Web Developer, and Data Scientist) ;
- Perform special technology-related projects, as assigned.
- AWS, Azure, and/or GCP, including serverless functions;
- SQL and NoSQL databases;
- High chance of needing to learn a new toolchain, framework, or language.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience;
- A portfolio of completed web applications;
- High comfort and familiarity with web development best practices;
- Willingness to do pair programming;
- Familiarity with open-source libraries and tools;
- Expertise in agile development methodologies;
- Experience deploying cloud-based applications;
- A growth mindset
- BA/BS including 24 credits in the field of voice and/or data telecommunications or related field and 2 years of experience in the performance of analytical, planning, operational, technical, or administrative duties in a voice and/or data telecommunications or closely related areas 18 months must have been in an executive, managerial, or administrative capacity or
- an associate degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 12 credits in the field and 2 years experience as described in “1” above; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent
- NYC residency*
* New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.Apply Now