Senior Advisor, Broadband
Senior Advisor, Broadband
Proposed salary range: $69,344/$79,746 – $81,000 (Annual)
The NYC Mayor’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer (MOCTO) facilitates citywide coordination and collaboration on technology issues, serves as a catalyst for and advises agencies on innovation, and interacts with the wider New York City technology ecosystem. Within MOCTO, the Broadband portfolio works to close the digital divide and ensure that every New Yorker has access to affordable, high-performance internet connectivity both at home and on the go.
The successful candidate will serve as a Senior Advisor for Broadband, reporting to the Director of Operations for Broadband.
- Coordinate interagency participation in the New York City Internet Master Plan;
- Support execution of multiple public-private partnerships with internet service providers to transform the broadband market for all New Yorkers;
- Communicate project goals and status to key City officials
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the broadband program;
- Support the development and expenditure of the unit’s annual budget, including both capital and expense funding;
- Coordinate with other office units, and broader MOCTO/Mayoral broadband goals;
- Liaise with other government and non-profit stakeholders across the City to support the City’s leadership in digital equity, digital inclusion, and digital rights, while ensuring that best-in-class solutions are integrated into the City’s strategy;
- Perform special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- A masters degree from an accredited college with a major in business administration, public administration, urban planning, economics, urban affairs, marketing research, finance, or political science; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and one year of full-time satisfactory experience in one or more of the following:
- business development, retention, expansion and relocation or assisting businesses in accessing public and private services and programs including workforce development; or
- analysis of business records and documents to determine eligibility of businesses for programs and services; or
- economic, market or site research and analysis for business and neighborhood development; or
- facilitation and promotion of the film industry through the processing of various permits, marketing techniques and incentive programs; or
- An associate degree or 60 semester credits from an accredited college and three years of full-time satisfactory experience as described in “2” above; or
- A satisfactory combination of education and experience which is equivalent to “1”, “2”, or “3” above. However, all candidates must have least 60 semester credits from an accredited college or university;
- NYC residency *
- A master’s degree in an applicable field with at least two years of work experience, or a bachelor’s degree with at least four years of work experience in an applicable field;
- Passion for local government;
- Go-getter, undaunted by problems that are new or complex;
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization;
- Ability to influence others that may not be directly accountable to you;
- Ability to grasp and communicate complicated issues effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- A keen strategic and tactical mind;
- A growth mindset;
- Knowledge of New York City government and the broadband/telecommunications field generally are helpful, but not required.
Candidates Must Have a Permanent Business Promotion Coordinator title or reachable on the current Business Promotion Coordinator list.
Interested applicants with other civil service titles who meet the preferred requirements should also submit a resume for consideration
* New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.Apply Now