Who we are
The NYC Mayor’s Office of the CTO is building a diverse and inclusive team to do transformational work that improves the lives of millions. Our expertise covers a range of fields, including AI, IoT, UX, broadband, design, web development, tech policy, and civic innovation. We’re a fast-paced, agile team with deep empathy that creates impactful projects with and for the communities we serve.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for changemakers with a passion for civic service. Our work presents opportunities for candidates with a range of skill sets, both technical and non-technical, with an appreciation for how technology can be used for the public good. If you would enjoy working in a startup environment with opportunities to make impact at scale, we’re excited to meet you.
- Director of Broadband Technology: An experienced team leader with deep knowledge of telecommunications, broadband, or digital technologies who will work with partners across both City government and the private sector in order to close the digital divide.
- Senior Advisor for Broadband: A passionate team member who simply wants to get things done to make sure people are connected. In order to deliver on the promise of the groundbreaking NYC Internet Master Plan, the Broadband portfolio needs an Advisor who can write, think, do and generally accomplish a variety of tasks on any given day.
- Lead Developer: A technical leader to help drive forward a Digital Services team that uses human-centric approaches to design, develop, and deliver innovative, inclusive, accessible, and best-in-class digital products.
- Developer: A passionate developer to join a growing Digital Services team that uses human-centric approaches to design, develop, and deliver best-in-class digital products that are user-friendly, inclusive, and accessible.
Policy and Future Planning:
- Deputy CTO for Policy and Future Planning: A dynamic manager to lead our work in policy and future planning. The portfolio includes critical efforts: conducting cross-sector research into emerging technologies and leading the development of policy proposals in areas such as digital rights.
Our fellowships are designed to give you the opportunity to work on an independent project within a specified area of focus: broadband, policy, research, legal, innovation, design, digital, IoT, or AI. You’ll manage a project from start to finish with the support and guidance of the broader team. Unlike Internships, Fellowships assume an ability to deliver substantial work outputs with little assistance.
We believe that work should be accompanied by fair compensation. If you are interested in a Fellowship on our team that would be term-limited or part-time, please answer a few basic questions and submit a cover letter and resume here.
As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on the lives of millions of New Yorkers. You’ll get your hands dirty working alongside a team member in support of a key project within broadband, policy, research, legal, innovation, design, digital, IoT, or AI – all with the mission of ensuring that technology makes life better for New Yorkers. Internships provide a healthy mix of learning and doing.
We believe that work should be accompanied by fair compensation. If you are interested in an Internship on our team that would be term-limited or part-time, please answer a few basic questions and submit a cover letter and resume here.
Questions or comments about hiring and personnel? Please let us know.